Paul positions himself as a coach for non-profit and educational organisations to utilise his extensive experience in this sector and his natural skills as a coach and mentor.
He has over 20 years’ experience which includes:
- Teaching for 7 years.
- Managing the Khayelitsha branch of Learn to Earn (LtE) for 5 years.
- Coaching and mentoring organisational leaders through the LtE Association for 4 years.
- Facilitating Leadership courses for School Management Teams and coaching participants as part of the follow up.
- Founding Partners for Impact. Through this business partnership he consulted for Violence Prevention for Urban Upgrade (VPUU) which developed safe neighbourhoods in Khayelitsha. The City of Cape Town adopted this model for developing previously disadvantaged areas.
- 6 years’ service on Bergvliet High School governing body, including 3 years as chairperson.
- Various leadership roles at Christ Church Kenilworth.
Paul has a B.Comm and Higher Diploma in Education from UCT. In 2007 he completed The Certificate in Coaching from The Coaching Centre. He has completed short courses in facilitation, mentoring, conflict resolution and Mindfulness Based Stress Release.
His approach brings an infectious energy to coaching relationships where he is adept at working alongside clients to support their development of self awareness and personal effectiveness. He helps overcome inertia in situations by bringing new and objective perspectives to the situation, allowing the client to identify options and make choices to find purpose and fulfillment in their lives.
Paul is an active sportsman, having played cricket, hockey and tennis and enjoys running half marathons. This provides enjoyment and stress relief and brings balance to his life.
The qualities that make Paul an effective coach are his listening ability, empathy and non-judgemental approach, and his own self awareness.